Here is an easy to follow explanation of how to go about setting up a hosting account with IDS Hosting.
Some basics first:
What is hosting?
A term used in the computer industry, short for Internet Website Hosting, where a website can be uploaded and viewed on the Internet by public browsers.
What is a domain?
This is the 'address' used to find the website that has been uploaded on the hosting computer, an example would be:https://www.idshosting.co.za
What is a server?
This is a special computer dedicated to hosting a website and can host many websites if it is shared.
What is a website?
This is a place where information can be displayed via a computer on various subjects made up of text, images & sound. Used extensively by business to inform interested parties of there products & services.
How does it all fit together?
Here is a simple visual comparison using a house:
The domain is the address of the house, without it you will not know how to find it.
The hosting is the stand, the piece of ground the house is built on.
The website is the house on the stand with its unique look & feel.
- On the home page, find the Domain look-up area
- Enter the best keyword that will describe your website
- Select a domain extension that you require, recommended for SA market, .co.za, for international markets, .com, .net etc
- If your selection is not available keep searching till you find the right combination
- Step 2 Once you have clicked the hosting package as mentioned above you are faced with 3 domain options:
- We will register your new domain for you
- We will transfer your existing domain to our servers for you, that is if you already have a domain/s.
- You can handle registration or transfer yourself, you will need to contact us for the correct nameservers to be used.
- Enter your domain & domain extension of choice and continue to the next page....step3
- Step 3 Here you can decide on the payment frequency for your hosting package, ie monthly, 3 monthly, annually etc
- Step 3 There are numerous add-ons offered, like the free site builder, website development, templates and others. Select as required or leave add-ons unselected
- Step 4 Should you not have a promotional code leave this space blank.
- Step 4 At this point view your cart and total, if you have made a mistake or have changed your mind, click Start over else click Checkout
- Step 5 Enter Registration details or if you have registered before, login, note, this information is used to register your domain.
- Step 5 Select payment method, options: Credit Card, Online EFT, UKash, Bank Transfer (EFT) & Debit Order
- Step 5 Read Terms & Conditions via a link, select the checkbox to accept conditions & complete & click complete order
- Invoice is viewed if EFT/Debit is selected else payment gateway is loaded for the online payment
- Invoice is emailed to the registered email address with banking details included.
- On proof of payment, hosting and other services are activated.
- Invoice sent again marked : PAID.
- IDS Hosting will send you:
- A welcome email with your registration link & access codes
- An invoice to be paid
- After payment, an invoice marked paid based on an official proof of payment from the bank
- A very important email with Subject: New Account Information, which contains all your sites access codes & links
- Note: all emails are stored and can be viewed in your client area under the section: My Emails
- With the access codes in the email New Account Information you can access your own control panel
- Start setting up your website via the method of your choice:
- Free Online SiteBuilder offered to each local hosting package
- Free script installer via Softaculous, more than 300 scripts available including WordPress and Joomla websites.
- Develop your site using your own website builder software you can purchase online.
- Commissioning a website builder to build your site.
- IDS Webdesign can build your website for you: ask for a quote
- Contact us for more assistance.